HIGH FLYING BUSINESS
BY SOPHIA AMORUSO
With Business Class, You’ll Gain Lifetime Access To:
- Over 8 hours of streaming video trainings
- Our private digital network, The Lounge
- 300+ pages of printable worksheets
- 8 live calls led by Sophia and top founders
- An arsenal of interviews with top founders
- $10,000 worth of bonus amenities
- Our iconic Flight Manual to organize it all
Business Class Drives Results
EDIT ME IN THE CMS
“I’ve had a 420% increase in e-commerce sales and overall revenue is up 82% since taking Business Class. The guidance I received in streamlining my existing business led to booking multiple 5 and 6-figure contracts.”
“Neon Cowboys’ revenue has grown 216%+ since joining Business Class last quarter. As a team we dug deep, iterated quickly, hired their recommended experts, and learned from Sophia’s experience and expertise. We are proud to say that we’re growing as a company & Business Class is absolutely worth the investment.”
“I can hands down say that Business Class is not like any other masterclass in the market. It’s a no-fluff, no-BS approach to business. It’s soooo extensive! From marketing, to legal, to finance, and more! I’ve never been sooo immersed with an online community ever.”
“Business Class introduced me to so many concepts that I didn’t even know about beforehand. It helped round out my knowledge base as an entrepreneur. In addition, it gave me a great community of fellow entrepreneurs to rely on. I also launched my business, sold about 150 bags in 69 orders, and generated $10,000 in revenue!”
“Just quit my day job and feel super liberated! So many of you had inspired me to take this leap and gave me the confidence to trust that things will work out for the better! I’m so excited to have my very own business be my main focus moving forward. Thank you Business Class for changing my life!”
“Business Class found me at a very transitional point in my life but it was the kick in the ass I needed to push past my fears of the unknown. I’m proud to say I am now working with a team to develop my skincare brand Raw With Love. Sophia’s approach to building a brand takes you through a journey of self-discovery, ambition, and empowerment. It’s definitely a ride worth taking.”
I’ve Been There
When I was in the early stages of my first business, Nasty Gal, I had no mentors, a few Dummies Guides, and the fractured, endless hole that is Google. Unfortunately, I had to learn through extreme trial and error, but I came out the other side and now have over 15 years of experience building businesses to over $100 million in revenue. With Business Class, I’ll share exactly what you need to know to navigate the murky waters of business ownership and avoid the costly mistakes that I made.
Our Expert Guest Speakers
THE NEW NEW THING
Brooke is the Founder & CEO of strategic communications firm The New New Thing and has spent twenty years advising some of the most successful startups, including Public.com, Live Nation, and Hims & Hers. Previously, Brooke founded Brew PR which was acquired in 2016 for over $15 million.
THE BYRD AGENCY
Allyson is the Founder & CEO of The Byrd Agency and is celebrated as one of the world’s most trusted leadership advisors and sales experts for entrepreneurs. She and her team have coached 10,000 entrepreneurial leaders to create $330 million in new revenue.
Rahul is the founder and CEO of Superhuman, the cult-favorite and fastest email experience in the world. Rahul is a serial entrepreneur and sold his prior company, Rapportive, to LinkedIn. Superhuman has raised $108 million in funding to date.
PAYAL KADAKIA PUJJI, CLASSPASS
Payal is the unicorn Co-Founder & Executive Chairman of the revolutionary fitness and wellness platform, ClassPass, which provides people access to the best boutique fitness classes, gyms, and wellness experiences around the world.
Suneera is Founder and CEO of Stax by Fattmerchant. Under her leadership, Stax has catapulted from startup to multi eight figures in revenue and 10 billion in payment processing. Suneera has been named one of Fortune’s 40 under 40 in Finance.
Over the course of 10 weeks, we’ll cover seven modules (we call them Flights). You’ll watch streaming video lessons and dive into the accompanying worksheets, where you’ll plot and plan your next business moves then jump into our private app, The Lounge, to discuss it all with your fellow entrepreneurs.
The Jet Fuel
On this Flight, you’ll learn which areas of your business you’re best at, allowing you to use your superpowers to their maximum potential and identify your gaps. You’ll identify the problem your product or service solves, plus how to find the white space that will set your business apart from the pack.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Discover your unique Jet Fuel—what it is that sets you and your unique business apart and how to leverage those strengths
- Clarify the problem you’re solving for your clients or customers to create the exact solution to fit their needs
- Define and refine your Peak Product—the product or service that will skyrocket your business to new heights
- Map out where your business sits among your competition—and how to take advantage of the white space
You’ll have established a solid understanding of how to harness what you’re really great at and strategize your product or service that’ll stand out among the competition.
On our second Flight, you’ll gain critical insights into who your customer is (I like to call them your Perfect Passenger), and figure out whether or not you’re on the right track.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Discover where to find your dream customer by reverse engineering the competition and hacking the system to identify exactly who you’re selling to
- Clarify who your customers are, where to find them, what they love, and how to reach them
- Glean priceless insights through user interviews and validate whether your product or service is what they actually want
- Attract customer love by defining the feelings your brand will evoke—the root of all great marketing
You’ll know your customer so well that they’ll feel like your new best friend—because from here on out, they’re going to have to be.
A Brand That Soars
On this Flight, you’ll craft an iconic brand identity that marketers only dream of—and that will attract raving fans.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Create a premium brand identity, soup to nuts—from logos to typefaces to color palettes and beyond
- Nail the compelling and memorable business name that will set you apart from the pack
- Strategize how you’ll cut through the noise: to zag when everyone else is zigging
- Clarify an internal brand that reflects your external brand values and lay the foundation for a company culture with integrit
You’ll be the maestro of your own brand’s destiny and create tools to hold yourself—and your team—accountable to delivering on that promise no matter where you show up.
On this Flight, you’ll gain visibility into the sometimes foggy ins and outs of business ownership with best practices that will cover your ass now—and in the long haul.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Choose the right business entity—from corporation to sole proprietor, you’ll discover the path that’s right for you
- Understand the tax implications for your unique business and avoid the common pitfalls that many business owners encounter
- Learn the step by step methods you need to trademark your brand name and logo
- Gain confidence with the foundations of financial literacy—and figure out how much money you need to run your business
When you step off of Flight 4, you’ll have a solid understanding of the brass tacks of taxes and how you’ll protect your most precious cargo.
Hark! It’s Marketing
Marketing is the lifeblood of every business. On our fifth Flight, we’ll cover the winning tools, tactics, and best practices you need to ensure you attract and convert the right people at the right time—and keep them.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Discover how great marketers leverage storytelling to make even the most basic products sexy—and how you can too
- Gain skills to leverage paid media, earned media, and owned media
- Establish why your customers should care about you—as well as how and where you’ll reach them
- Learn and implement best practices for social, email, and paid marketing
You’ll be able to market your business. Plus, you’ll have brand loyalists buzzing about what you’re doing, primed and ready to not just spend money with you once, but over and over again.
A loyal customer starts and ends with Customer Experience. On Flight 6, we’ll craft a compelling end-to-end experience for your business. We’ll go above and beyond best practices to dive into what it means to go the extra mile and look at the brands that do customer experience right.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Learn how to craft an above-and-beyond customer experience that cultivates brand love and loyalty
- Understand how to handle challenging situations and diffuse customer complaints with grace—and get our pre-written scripts
- Perfect the tricks needed to creating memorable moments for your customers and drive word of mouth
- Discover how to measure customer sentiment without lifting a finger
When you step off of Flight 6, you’ll understand how to spark customer joy with both consistency and spontaneity.
The Team On The Ground
As we prepare for landing, you’ll learn how to attract, hire, and retain great people, and what tools and processes you’ll need to manage them. You’ll also leave with an understanding of what great leadership looks like and how to not only define a great culture, but live up to it.
DURING THIS FLIGHT:
- Know when it’s time to hire, how to find and recruit great talent, and provide a great candidate experience
- Gain skills in leadership and learn how to build a healthy, happy internal culture
- Get schooled on people management, payroll, project management… and all the fine print
- Learn how to build a transparent culture rooted in trust and accountability
You’ll feel confident in your ability to sniff out the good eggs from the bad and run your team and your culture like a boss.
8+ Live Video Sessions With Sophia Amoruso
Over the course of our journey together, Sophia will host 8 live video sessions where she’ll invite industry leaders to share their expertise and insights on all things business and entrepreneurship. These calls will help you gain critical insights into the inner workings of successful businesses and hear the nitty gritty of what it really takes to be a founder.
If you aren’t able to make a session, we’ll have on-demand replays available for you. PLUS you’ll receive access to dozens of live calls from past cohorts inside The Lounge.
Exclusive Access to Our App, The Lounge
The Lounge is a private community where you can network with other Business Class students from across the globe. Here, you’ll ask questions, build relationships, and deepen your knowledge alongside other curious entrepreneurs.
- Mutual non-disclosure agreement
- Employee offer letter and separation agreements
- Confidentiality and inventions agreements
- Consultant agreements
- Employee handbook
- Aaaaand a prenup!
Store all of your worksheets, transcripts, and notes in your very own Flight Manual—delivered right to your doorstep, no matter where in the world you are.
- Reach out to mentors without sounding desperate
- Ping collaborators with the right information to pique their interest
- Win over candidates with the right message that’ll woo them away from your competitors
PLUS, Five More Bonus Amenities
MASTER INFLUENCER MARKETING
Ashley Villa of Rare Global and manager to influencers like Michelle Phan teaches everything you need to know about navigating the world of influencer marketing.
GET NOTICED BY PRESS & INFLUENCERS
Amplify your business and personal brand and learn to pitch yourself to press, podcasters, and influencers.
NEGOTIATE LIKE A HOLLYWOOD AGENT
Learn my six essential rules for negotiation to come out on top and get paid more.
BUILD AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
Victoria “Tori” Bell, Founder of Inclusion Unpacked and Black Women at Facebook, will help you challenge your unconscious bias and build an inclusive organization.
PEEP OUR FACEBOOK AD STRATEGY
Amy Bliefnick, Founder of 511 West and our very own ads manager, will show you how to run Facebook and IG ads, and shares our entire ad strategy here at Business Class.
- You’re a founder with a great idea who’s ready to bring your product or service to market
- You’re an existing business owner who’s ready to professionalize and scale with best-in-class, proven methods
- You want to learn the ins and outs of building a profitable, sustainable business
- You’re ready to nerd out on all things strategy, marketing, brand building, creative, finance, leadership, and more
- You’re ready to commit to a fun, and at times challenging, program that's worth it's weight in gold
- You’re excited to join a thriving community of entrepreneurs that you can network with and get feedback from daily
- You’re not sure if you want to start a business
- You aren’t willing to fully commit and put in the work. This is an in-depth program, not fluffy optimism
- You want real, hardcore advice from someone who's been there
- You prefer a stiff, clinical learning environment with dated textbooks in rooms that smell like farts
- You hate airline puns, abhor fun, think you know everything
Meet Sophia Amoruso
Sophia Amoruso is an award-winning serial entrepreneur, New York Times Bestselling Author of #GIRLBOSS, online educator, and mom to three small poodles.
Named “One of the most inspiring entrepreneurs in America” by the Huffington Post, Sophia made her mark when she founded fashion retailer Nasty Gal, bootstrapping it to $12 million in annual revenue and eventually scaling the business to over $100 million.
Sophia has been featured on the cover of Forbes magazine and featured in the Fortune 40 under 40, Forbes 30 under 30, Inc. 30 under 30, Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business, and Inc. 500 lists—and named one of Forbes’ Richest Self-Made Women.
Sophia’s mission is to use her 15 years of hard-won experience to further the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
IN THE PRESS
"One of the most inspiring entrepreneurs in America"
“Sophia Amoruso is the most successful misfit you know.”
“The Cinderella of tech.”
“Fashion’s new phenomenon.”
“One of the most inspiring entrepreneurs in America.”
No. Whether you’re a seasoned business owner or just starting out, the lessons in Business Class can be applied to any business, in any industry. We’re here to help you become a successful founder and build your dream business. All you need is an idea! Bring it to class and Sophia will take you through identifying what you’re best at and how to apply that to your business idea in our first Flight. From there, you’ll learn how to test that idea out in the market, then continue to grow that into a smart, sustainable business.
Business Class is fully virtual and takes place over 10 weeks. The program content is split up into 7 Flights (our words for modules), each of which contains pre-recorded video lessons and worksheets to get you working on your business in real-time. There are also 3 Layover (break) Weeks throughout the program to give you time to digest, catch up, or implement what you’re learning.
Each week, Sophia Amoruso will host a live call where she’ll be joined by some of the greatest guest entrepreneurs to discuss that week’s topic. All live calls are recorded and shared inside our community, The Lounge, for playback in case you can’t make it live.
Do note that Business Class is self-guided with the exception of Sophia Amoruso’s live calls, so you’re able to take the course at your own pace, and you get lifetime access to everything. We understand that life gets hectic, so if you fall behind or need to deplane for a bit, that’s OK – we’ll be here to support you!
The lessons learned in Business Class can be applied to any business, regardless of the country. You’ll learn the ins and outs of building a profitable, sustainable business using best-in-class, proven methods and Sophia Amoruso’s 15+ years of experience as an entrepreneur. While the legal and financial information in the course is based on U.S. laws, all of the lessons can be applied to any business by serving as a guide of what entrepreneurs need to know to have their business in order.
We stand behind everything we do and we back that up with our satisfaction guarantee. Give it two weeks and put in the work. If you don’t feel we’ve delivered on our promise, simply email us by Friday, April 15th at 6pm PT and we’ll issue you a full refund.
At this time Business Class is only offered in English, but we hope to expand to other languages in the future. Currently all live calls and course videos with Sophia Amoruso are closed-captioned in both English and Spanish, and we also provide transcripts for the course videos in case you’d like to translate them. We currently have a diverse range of international students that have found these helpful in completing the course.
We recommend budgeting about 4-5 hours each week. It shakes out to about 1 hour watching video lessons, another hour reading and taking notes, and 2 hours filling in worksheets and doing the exercises that go with each week’s Fight. You’ll also be able to join Sophia Amoruso for a weekly live call and may want to spend some additional time connecting with fellow entrepreneurs inside The Lounge. You can put as little or as much time into Business Class as you’d like. And, you have access to all of the content, and the community, for life!
We built an online community just for Business Class students called The Lounge. This is the best place to receive support throughout the course. Inside, you can ask questions, seek resources, connect with fellow students, and interact with both our Flight Crew and even Sophia Amoruso herself!
Business Class costs $1,999 USD, which gives you lifetime access to all course content, any of its future updates, as well as The Lounge, our members-only online community of entrepreneurs. For those interested, we also offer a 12-month payment plan for $199 USD per month or a 4-month payment plan for $549 per month.
Yes! The lessons in Business Class can be applied to all types of businesses and industries, and we’ve had founders from a sweeping range of business types succeed in the program. You can learn more about them here.
Unfortunately, there is not an opportunity to meet with Sophia one-on-one, but Sophia will host weekly live group calls open to all course participants. You’ll also be able to receive extra guidance and support from the Flight Crew in The Lounge!
The Lounge is our exclusive online community created just for Business Class members. Inside, you can connect with your fellow students from across the globe and all Business Class alumni. The Lounge is also where you’ll receive extra support and guidance from Sophia Amoruso and the Business Class Flight Crew, and where all of our weekly live call events are hosted.
Sophia will host weekly live group calls for each Flight of the course, which are open to all Business Class members. A full schedule of the fall season’s weekly live calls will be shared in the near future––stay tuned!
Business Class is perfect for founders-to-be who have an idea, and existing founders who want to build, scale, and professionalize their businesses with best-in-class proven methods. As long as you want to learn the ins and outs of building a profitable, sustainable business and have an idea you can build on––this is the right course for you! Just be sure you’re ready to put in the time to commit to a fun (but sometimes challenging) program and meet other like-minded entrepreneurs. Hope to see you in class soon!
Our Spring 2022 cohort kicked off on Monday, April 4th. Enrollment re-opens later this fall, so be sure to join the waitlist!
We do not offer discounts, however, the Business Class Scholarship Program aims to bring access to business education to founders from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups, including the BIPOC communities, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people with disabilities.
Unfortunately, the deadline to apply for our Scholarship Program passed on March 11th. While all of our recipients for this round have been chosen, we do hope that you’ll still consider joining us for our Fall 2022 flight of Business Class.
Enrollment for our flagship Business Class program is only open twice a year. Why? Because we go through it together. Over the course of the 10-week program, you’ll be guided by Sophia Amoruso and the Flight Crew through the content and join weekly live events. Enrollment re-opens this fall—be sure to get on the waitlist to be the first to know!
100% Money-Back Guarantee
Fly with confidence! We stand behind everything we do and, like we teach in Business Class, deliver on our promise. Which is why we back that up with our money-back guarantee.
So give it two weeks. If by 2pm Pacific US time on Friday, April 15th, 2022 you don’t feel we’ve delivered on our promise, simply email us and we’ll issue you a full refund.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.